Monday, May 12, 2008

Miss You!

Well, we've been out here for about three weeks now and even though we have made a smooth transition and things are going well, we still miss everyone and hope your summers have been great so far. Mitch is doing great so far with his new job. Our computer was out of commission for the last week and a half so let me catch you up on things here. Last week he was in the top 7 salesmen for the office here in Chicago (there are about 30 people total) and then he got sick and was out for 4 days so he is now back and trying to catch back up to all that he missed out on. Kenzie is almost 5 months old and is sorta getting the hang of sitting up, which is a HUGE milestone that I can't wait for!! She is all smiles and loves being held by anyone, which is nice for me! Depending on the night, she will sleep all through the night, which is also really nice for me! Emma is going to be 21 months at the end of this month and she is getting better with talking. She still likes to use sign language a lot but is starting to say the word while she signs it. She is all over the place and full of energy. I call her my little monkey because it seems like she can climb onto anything! I actually have a picture to illustrate my point, unfortunately. The other day I put her down for her nap (currently she is sleeping on a normal bed because we weren't supplied with a crib) and she had done pretty well with the bed up until this point. I thought she was taking a nap because all was quiet until I thought I heard a little noise so I was curious and poked my head in. Boy was I shocked when I saw this...



I don't know if you can tell but the bottom drawer is open, so what she had done was pull the drawer out, stand in it, open the top drawer, reach her little hand in and found the Desitin! So then it was a joy trying to get the desitin out of her hair as well. Since Desitin is water resistant, washing her hair with just her normal shampoo wasn't doing the trick. It wasn't until my mom told me to try dishwashing soap (which luckily worked) that I was able to get the greasey look out of her hair! But in this picture, before all the Desitin had been washed out, she was laying on the bed and when she sat up her hair was straight up in the air, I thought it was funny so I took a picture! Her hair looked like this for about 3 days so I was way excited when we were able to get the Desitin all out with the dishwashing soap!








No comments: