Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Windy City

Just thought I'd let everyone know that we are here in Chicago now (and will be until the end of August) and I will get some pictures on as soon as I can get the camera cord mailed out to us. ( Of all the things to forget, I forgot the cord that allows me to put pictures on our blog! Blogging is one of the few things I can do here because I can't really go anywhere when I'm car-less and have two girls!) Oh and Mitch has sold 3 accounts so far! Yea Mitch, I'm so proud of him! (For those who may not know, Mitch is selling home security systems door-to-door this summer in Chicago, Illinois.) It's been a pretty great adventure so far though. I've lived in Utah basically my whole life so Chicago is quite a change for me. It's also been fun coming up with creative ways to do things, like using baby diaper boxes as laundry baskets. We only had the trunk of our Honda Civic to transport our stuff we would need for 4 months so it was a tight fit just for the basics, especially when you have to pack for a 20-month old and a 4-month old because they are still growing and changing at such a rapid pace. We will miss you all this summer!!!

7 comments:

The Piercys said...

Hey! I am happy things are going well so far! 3 accounts already! Way to go Mitch! We will have to catch up when you have a sec! Miss you!

Kyle and Jessica said...

That's awesome he's already sold three and what a fun adventure to move somewhere different for the summer. The real question, however, is when are you going to see Oprah? :)

Ana Steinagel said...

That's wonderful Amber. I was thinking Addison and I might be able to see you guys when we go on our trip. I don't know if Alex can make the trip like your girls can so we're going to fly instead. Right now i'm just searching some airport destinations. fun fun fun!

Ana Steinagel said...

Also, Jenne (Addison's mom) wants your guys' address so she can send an invite for Kenzie's wedding!

Heber said...

Thanks for the update - we can't wait to see some pictures. We miss you guys!

Poulton Family said...

I can't believe you guys took off to Chicago! I love it! We will have to get together when you guys get back. Emma is looking so big! We would love to see all of you. We are so happy you found us!

The Piercys said...

Hey Amber!
When you have a sec give me a call. I left a message on Mitch's phone, but I don't know if you got it or not. I just wanted to touch bases about your lawn/rock-raking and when you need us to have it finished. Hope you guys are doing well! Dantzel :)